It is a long debate that “Do more people switch from iPhone to android or from android to iPhone”?
As some are attracted to the flexible, free downloading hacks and low price of android and others admire the polished and improved iOS and their security features. However, if you are among the community who feel android like home but switching is making you perplexed then take a deep breath and relax as this article is a complete guide to you.
The main issue that arises by switching to Android from the iPhone is the recovery of your data, contacts, photos, music, and calendar. Sometimes you are unable to enjoy the application that you have paid for in iOS. No worries, this article is just like a magic wand to you through which you can learn to solve all of your problems which are likely to happen during switching.
The top priority you will make before switching is to make the backup file of your contacts. This can be done in the following ways:
1. Synchronizing iPhone contact with Google account:
- Google account provides you the easiest way to save your contacts. All you have to:
- Open settings on iPhone
- Click on “Add Account” in Password and Account options.
- Log into Google Accounts while selecting the Google option.
- Synchronize Contacts
- Now on your brand new android phone again go to settings
- Click “Sync Contacts”
- Sign in to Google with your previous Google information
- Move on the “Sync Contacts” slider.
Say Hurrah as Google will provide back up of all of your contacts.
This is another easy-peasy method to transfer your contacts from iPhone to android. Just:
Enable iCloud in case if this software is not present on your phone.
- Go to settings.
- Choose contacts
- Choose “Accounts” iCloud will appear.
- Choose this option and move on the toggle for “Contacts”
Once your contacts are merged with iCloud now, it’s time to transfer contacts from iCloud to android.
- Sign in to iCloud from your Apple ID.
- Select “Contacts”
- Click on the gear icon residing in the lower-left corner.
- Press “Select All”
- Click the Export vCard option.
- Open your Gmail account and click on the Google app option present on the top right corner.
- Select “Contacts”
- Choose More< Import< Choose file<saved vCard file.
- The contacts list will appear in front of you.
Transferring photos and videos:
1. Mobile Trans:
- Download Mobile Trans.
- Through a cable connect your iPhone to the PC.
- Now connect your Android mobile to the same PC through a cable.
- Now click on the “Phone Transfer” option and transfer contacts from iPhone (source) to Android (target).
- Click on “Photos” and “videos” from the dialogue box click the start button.
- Once your data will be transferred from iPhone to Android, press the “OK” button, and enjoy it.
2. iOS Google Photos app:
Download the iOS Google photos app.
Turn the feature on for backing up the photos.
Photos will start to upload after turning on the feature.
When all images are uploaded to Google Photos, insert your Android phone and download the Photos app from the Google Play Store.
After continuing the setup process you will get your photos.
This application allows us to transfer files between two devices without any cable. Just in a click, you can transfer data either from a laptop or from a phone. Just download the app on both devices and transfer data of your need.
3. Turn off iMessage:
Before leaving your iPhone, don’t forget to turn off iMessage by the following method:
- Go to message settings
- A toggle “iMessaging” will be there.
- Turn that off.
4. Transferring music from iPhone to Android:
- Install iTunes.
- Copy the files to a new folder on your Windows computer.
- Attach Android phone to your computer and move to the music file of the device.
- Copy and paste the songs you want to transfer.
Although moving from iPhone to Android is tiresome but following the above guide can make your transfer smoother. However, there is some application which you used to use on your iPhone that will no longer be available on your new android device but several android alternate iOS software is available to help you out. Please let us know if this guide came in handy for you.